The Irish Draught Horse Society of North America
The Irish Draught Horse Society was established in 1993, and is dedicated to fostering an appreciation and understanding of the Irish Draught Horse and it's successful crossbred, the Irish Draught Sport Horse. The IDHSNA is a not-for-profit corporation. The Society strives to assist in the conservation of the breed throughout the world and maintains the studbooks for qualified Irish Draught and part Irish Draught horses in North America.
The IDHSNA is recognized by the IDHS-Ireland and the Irish Horse Board. We offer members and non-members the opportunity to record horses in the IDHSNA Studbooks and Registries. The Society organizes an Annual Inspection Tour conducted by qualified Irish Inspectors for the inspection and approval of horses into the IDHSNA Studbooks.
Membership in the Society also offers a variety of benefits and programs such as: Year End Awards Program and the Stallion Service Auction. Every member receives a quarterly Blarney, the official newsletter of the IDHSNA.
- Foster an appreciation and understanding of the purebred Irish Draught Horse through educating the public about Irish Draught history and breed traits, and by promoting the contribution the purebred makes as the foundation of the internationally successful part Irish Draught Sport Horse (IDSH).
- Assist in and contribute to the collection and dissemination of scientific data, breeding information, and genetic material between and amongst other research and rare breed conservation groups, and Irish Draught breeders and IDHS branches world wide.
- Establish and maintain registers and studbooks of purebred and part bred Irish Draught Horses.
- Foster high standards of breeding and quality by holding inspections to ensure the Irish Draught breed in North America remains true to type.
- Introduce the Irish Draught breed to the general public and increase visibility of the pure Irish Draught and part Irish Draught Sport Horse to the general public through sponsorship and participation in regional and national events including expos, demonstrations, and shows.
- Promote/market the pure Irish Draught Horse and the part Irish Draught Sport Horse in advertising in regional and national publications.
- Showcase the National and International achievements of Irish Draught and Irish Draught Sport Horse.
- Increase the Society's visibility by awarding prizes to Irish Draught and Irish Draught Sport horses winning and placing in major competitions.
- Develop incentives to maintain and improve the quality of Irish Draught and Irish Draught Sport Horses.
- Publish educational materials and breed news in the Society newsletter "The Blarney" and on this website.
©2010 Irish Draught Horse Society. Website by energize.info.